Drum roll please…… as stated in the tweet above, Alex Wharton and Jim Spencer will be our next ONA speakers! They’re going to talk all about how they’ve built their start-up, Newsy.com, from right here in Columbia. If you are a journalism major, chances are you know what Newsy does, but do you know how it got to where it is? Wharton and Spencer will not only talk about getting a start-up company off of the ground, they will also explain their business model and how YOU can start putting your skills to work right now. Get excited and start telling your friends to be in RJI 100 on March 24th at 5 p.m.. Be there or be square!
- RT @pewjournalism: 10 facts about the changing digital news landscape pewrsr.ch/2sVb08D https://t.co/1jldeavRLy 4 days ago
- RT @business: Media companies are getting sick of Facebook bloom.bg/2sz7rCk https://t.co/bTDtKoTf35 1 week ago
- RT @RJI: What a team at @CivilBeat is learning while experimenting with Facebook Live goo.gl/6eQuXu #whatsnew 1 week ago
- RT @mikegrantme: Techies in journalism: @OpenNews can help you get to conferences like @NABJ @ONA by offering financial support https://t.c… 1 week ago
- Seriously, don't miss this. twitter.com/palewire/statu… 2 weeks ago