Drum roll please…… as stated in the tweet above, Alex Wharton and Jim Spencer will be our next ONA speakers! They’re going to talk all about how they’ve built their start-up, Newsy.com, from right here in Columbia. If you are a journalism major, chances are you know what Newsy does, but do you know how it got to where it is? Wharton and Spencer will not only talk about getting a start-up company off of the ground, they will also explain their business model and how YOU can start putting your skills to work right now. Get excited and start telling your friends to be in RJI 100 on March 24th at 5 p.m.. Be there or be square!
- More people are paying for online news, and fewer people are using Facebook to get news, but most still prefer to g… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
- Lastly, meet Social Media Coordinator @camille_mcmanus! Camille will be a sophomore majoring in Convergence Journal… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- Meet @MeganLizSmith! She will be taking on the role of Membership and Promotions this year. She will be a Senior ma… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- Meet our Treasurer, @magdalinealice! Maggie will be a senior majoring in Convergence Journalism. She is originally… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 weeks ago
- Meet our Vice President @kaleigh_feldy! She will be a junior majoring in Convergence Journalism. She is originally… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 weeks ago